Tuesday, 20 July 2010

The Power of Wonder

For the last few weeks I've been noticing this young man washing a car at least once a week. When I teased him about how dedicated he was to his car, he told me it was father's car. As I was walking by the car this morning, I wondered where he was. Suddenly a woman I sometimes see at the local park appeared and said hello. She said she lives in the neighbourhood. While we were chatting about the neighbourhood and her family, the young man turned up with a bucket of water. I told him I'd been wondering where he was.

On the way to the bus stop, I thought about the four kids (two brothers and two sisters) that I usually see on their way to the local school. I wondered if they were already on their school holidays. As I walked past this car, I heard tapping on the car window. It was one of the girls waving at me. She and her sister and brothers were sitting in the car and a man, presumably their dad, was fiddling in the car boot. I asked the girl if they were on holidays and she said they finish this Friday.

Later in the evening as I was walking through our local park, I noticed this woman sitting on the grass with a huge dog. I remember seeing him being walked by the same woman and a man yesterday at another park. At the time I had wondered what the breed was but I didn't ask as I wasn't in the mood for a conversation. Now that I was, I asked her what breed it was and she said it was a Great Dane. I told her I had seen her with a man yesterday and she said it was her husband. After patting the dog's great head, I wished them good evening.

It's amazing what happens when I wonder.

Enocia

Related articles: Law of Attraction - Debunked; Chocolate Break; To Manifest is to Uncover Buried Memories; Just Like a Dog; Just Wondering