Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Intuition as Advance Warning - Part 2

I have written elsewhere:

"As I see it, intuition is a blatantly obvious signal that is impossible for me to avoid. It's rather like flashing road signs that give motorists advance warning about roadworks ahead. Drivers can then choose whether to act on the warning or not." Intuition as Advance Warning
Here's another example.

Before I went to bed, I plugged my mobile to be charged. In the middle of the night I heard a beeping sound which usually signifies that I've either received a text message or that the mobile is fully charged. When I checked the mobile, I didn't see any text notificiatiion so I presumed it was now fully charged.

Early this morning, I noticed that I had plugged the charger but hadn't switched it on. So it would seem that the mobile had beeped to remind me to switch the electricity on.

Oh well, better late than never!

Thanks for the warning anyway, mate.

Enocia

Related article: Intuition as Advance Warning