Friday, 30 July 2010

How to Live in the World But Not of the World

Sometimes I remember past experiences and sometimes I don't. My memory is very selective that way.

One thing I will NEVER forget is when during meditation I experienced that place in me that felt like all the love, happiness, joy and peace I've ever experienced magnified a zillion times. It's a "place" of pure feeling that felt so wonderful that I didn't want to return to this ordinary awareness. The more I experienced that inexhaustible joy, the more I got depressed in ordinary awareness.

I've since learned I can either spend hours in meditation trying to get to that place of pure inexhaustible love or I can simply remember what it felt like and I'm right back to feeling happiness that is not of this world.

I can then spread the joy wherever I am.

I am Feeling.

Enocia

Related articles: Stripping to the Bare Essentials; Remembering Good Vibrations; Living in Art; Being the Feeling; Some Thoughts on Meditation - Haha