Saturday, 10 July 2010

Hospitality

My mother is expecting one of her close friends to visit her today. For the last few days she's been excitedly planning what to cook for her friend. She even asked me to buy a drink her friend would enjoy. She's also advised her friend how to get to her place.

It got me thinking that life on earth is rather like being invited as a guest of honour at a party that lasts forever or as long as I can hack it. The host/God has already prepared my favourite foods, my favourite entertainment, and people I resonate with that I can have fun with. He has even provided the clothes to wear. All I have to do is show up and enjoy it all for free.

Thank you for your wonderful hospitality. I am having a ball.

Enocia

Related articles: Playing Host; Living in an Art Exhibition; Love Story; What Love Has Already Provided; The Weekend Never Ends