Wednesday, 21 July 2010

From a Different Angle

"But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 1 Corinthians 13: 10
As I was walking to the shops, I decided to walk down a different road for a change. When I lost my sense of direction, I thought to myself, "I haven't got a clue where I am!"

The Inner Voice said: "I do. Just relax and I'll take you where you want to go."

I found myself walking on a road called "Angel Court" and after a few twists and turns, I was soon back on the main road. After visiting the shops, I took another route and got disorientated and asked for help. Again, the Inner Voice told me to relax and let Him walk me.

After a few minutes the Voice said: "Do you recognise where you are?"

"Now I do! I can't believe I didn't recognise it earlier! Thank you!"

It turned out I had been walking down a street that I usually walk down from the opposite direction, which I've never done before. It was the equivalent of walking on the ceiling of a room I'm very familiar with. No wonder I had felt disoriented. Just as well the Inner Voice has intimate knowledge of all perspectives.

Speaking of which, I saw a photograph yesterday of a man wearing a turban with his hands clasped in front of him. Because the photograph was taken from the top, at first I didn't have a clue what I was looking at. It was only when I did a second take that I realised what it was.

The problem with the way humans have been designed is that we only tend to see things in part, which the Bible refers to as seeing "through a glass darkly." (1 Corinthains 13: 12) In other words, I only tend to see people from the profile, front or back, To see someone clearly, I have to take into account the different facets: up, down, back, front, left, right, inside. Next, the individual's preferred use of their senses; some people are more visual, others more auditory, some are feeling oriented etc. Then there are the beliefs that people have which are as varied as there are people. And then there's someone's aura, and so the list goes on and on.

If the truth be told, I haven't got the time or inclination to study people but I know someone who already knows everyone inside out - Spirit, the One Self in all.

Spirit only sees perfection as He has the complete picture.

That's why it's so important for me to practise the following:

1. Don't judge anyone, as I don't have the full picture;
2. Always ask for guidance from Spirit;
3. Let Spirit do the work.

Then I come to realise that I'm never lost, I'm simply experiencing life from a different angle.

Enocia

Related articles: The Provider; Why Nothing is Impossible with Spirit; Acceptance - Revisited; Standpoints; Even When I'm Out of My Comfort Zone, I am Perfectly Safe; When In Doubt, Do Nothing; Intimacy; These Feet Were Made for Walking; Biggie Small; The Importance of Having a Glossary; Lost and Found; Satellite Navigation System; Through a Glass Darkly